Can't find the right position/size of cropBox

Francesco

02 Jan, 2013 05:56 PM

Hi all,
sorry for my English.
I have tried your reader and it is very fantastic for my purpose.
I have create a clear view for drawing overlays. I use the reader only in Single Page mode.
When I rotate the device in landscape, the page of the document is displayed at the center. (it is scaled)
I need to get the right position of the page because user will be not allowed to draw outside the box of the page.
I have tried the getCropbox:andRotation:forPageNumber method but it returns always (x:0 y:0 width:612 height:792)

How can i obtain the right size/position of the page centered?

Thanks you

Francesco

1. 1 Posted by Nicolò on 02 Jan, 2013 06:01 PM

Hello

Take a look at MFDocumentViewController's functions like -convertRect:to/fromViewFrom/ToPage:. You can use them to convert point and rects from different coordinate spaces. If I understand what are you trying to do, I guess that -covertRect:toViewFromPage: will return what you are looking for.

2. 2 Posted by Francesco on 02 Jan, 2013 06:06 PM

Ok ho visto che posso scrivere anche in italiano :)
    Praticamente utilizzo il reader a singola pagina e volevo implementare un sistema di overlay.
    Quando è in portrait non ci sono problemi e riesco a posizionarli correttamente poichè la pagina è in full screen.
    Quando ruoto il device e sono in landscape la pagina viene centrata e scalata e sotto ci sono i bordi grigi. io volevo ottenere la location della pagina centrata e scalata in modo che quando disegnavo i miei overlay (freehand) non andavo a scrivere sui bordi esterni della pagina. con il metodo che ho utilizzato prima mi restituiva sempre gli stessi valori.

Grazie mille per le risposte

Francesco

3. 3 Posted by Francesco on 03 Jan, 2013 10:07 PM

Ciao ho provato ad utilizzare i 2 metodo consigliati ma non funziona.
    Forse non mi sono spiegato bene..praticamente utilizzando il reader in single page quando viene ruotato il device in landscape mi compare una singola pagina che è centrata e scalata di dimensioni. Io vorrei ottenere le dimensioni di questa pagina e la sua posizione per impedire il disegno di overlay al di fuori.

Grazie mille
    Francesco

4. Matteo closed this discussion on 31 Jan, 2013 05:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac