Implementing in Xcode 9

jguengerich

12 Sep, 2017 02:52 PM

I'm trying to use the new (Develop branch) frame work in Xcode 9. Is there a new step-by-step instruction set for implementing it? Here is what I've done:
Open the FastPdfKit project in Xcode 9.
Change the signing team to my team for all targets.
Set the scheme to FastPdfKit.
Edit the scheme, set the Build Configuration to Release for Run.
Build for Running.
(I actually had to add a few headers to the Public section of the Headers list in Build Phases for the FastPdfKit target of the FastPdfKit project in order for the build of my project to complete without error) Open my project in Xcode 9.
Drag framework (from /Users/[myUser]/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FastPdfKit-bgrkbryoshynahademqjvweeuyxw/Build/Products/Release-iphonesimulator/FastPdfKit.framework) to my project.
Set the check box for my target in the "Target Membership" area for the framework.
Run my project (on a simulator).
I get:
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/FastPdfKit.framework/FastPdfKit
Referenced from: /Users/[myUser]/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/F31F16A5-7BB5-46E6-B43F-D6E08BEFAEAE/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/5FC51BAC-2C62-4464-8D75-34953676DEFC/MyApp.app/MyApp Reason: image not found

What am I doing wrong or missing?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Matteo on 12 Sep, 2017 03:42 PM

Hello,

the framework must be added to the Embedded Binaries entry in the General tab of your project. This should be enough to solve the issue. I just tested it on another external project with a different signing team.

P.S. The headers are now included.

2. 2 Posted by jguengerich on 12 Sep, 2017 04:07 PM

Thanks.

Problems I see:

When I tap the icon to switch layout (one page, two page, page width), the icon for page width (curved page with arrows pointing right and left) does not show. The other two icons do show.

When I do a search and tap a result, the icons for next result and previous result (triangles with vertical bars) do not show in the search bar.

When I tap the table of contents icon, the list briefly shows up, but then it disappears and the document jumps to the last item that was visible on the table of contents list. If I open he table of contents and try to scroll, it closes and the document jumps to a different page (maybe the next table of contents item that is becoming visible when scrolling?). If I tap an item on the table of contents that has sub-items, it does not expand the table of contents tree, instead it goes to a page in the middle of that section. If I tap the table of contents icon again, the tree is expanded, but if I click on anything the app crashes with various causes like invalid pointers, etc.

3. 3 Posted by jguengerich on 12 Sep, 2017 04:14 PM

I think the same or similar problems existed with the table of contents in the previous release, and I tweaked some of the code to make it work. I'll have to spend some time finding exactly what I changed in the previous release. If I figure it out, I'll post more info, unless you have posted a fix before then.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Matteo on 12 Sep, 2017 05:29 PM

Hi,

there's a small update available online.

5. 5 Posted by jguengerich on 12 Sep, 2017 05:55 PM

The table of contents tree expands now. I can tap on one of the sub-items and it goes to that page. However, if I open the table of contents again, I still get crashes if I try to tap another sub-item, contract the tree, or expand a different node.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Matteo on 13 Sep, 2017 04:06 PM

It should now behave like expected.

7. 7 Posted by jguengerich on 13 Sep, 2017 04:45 PM

Thanks, looks good!

8. Matteo closed this discussion on 14 Sep, 2017 06:53 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac