iPhone iOS11

Ray

12 Oct, 2017 03:08 PM

Since updating to iOS11 my iPhone comes up with the message-: "FastPdf+" needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with iOS 11
I hope it is to be updated soon as I find it a very useful reader. Also at this time I seem to have lost several important PDF's that I can no longer open, Regards Ray Roberts

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Matteo on 16 Oct, 2017 09:34 AM

Hello,
    Apple in the fall of 2016 enforced https://developer.apple.com/support/app-store-improvements/ a new App Store rule that required apps to be updated recently in order to be available on the App Store.

Unfortunately we decided then to discontinue FastPdf+ as it would have been really hard and time consuming to rewrite it with modern requirements as it was conceived and developed back in 2010 and the revenues didn't provide adequate support to resume the developement.

We are sorry but we acknowledge that in order to be available in the App Store, apps should offer an adequate quality.

It's hard to let app go. I'm sure you'll find new applications that will be able to replace FastPdf+ in your daily use. We strongly recommend Apple's iBooks.

If you need to transfer your documents from FastPdf+, you can use iTunes following this guide on File Sharing About File Sharing on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards,
    Matteo

2. 2 Posted by Sparks on 16 Oct, 2017 02:43 PM

Dear Matteo,
                             Thanks for the quick reply and explanation.

I'm very sorry to lose the use of your App, I really appreciated the
    sideways swipe rather than the usual vertical scroll.  I will keep my
    eyes open just in case you ever decide to upgrade, but I realise that
    business is business. Working for no profit is a mugs game.

Best of luck in the future
    /Ray Roberts//
    /

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac