Video playback

Anton

07 Dec, 2012 09:49 AM

Hi,

For a $2,5k product I would put a disclaimer that you are UNABLE to display anything apart from plain text and images. Multimedia content is not working at all. Full stop.

Hope you would rethink what you guys are doing and warn your customers that your solution is not different from Quick Look for most use-cases.

Regards,
Anton

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Matteo on 07 Dec, 2012 10:01 AM

Hello Anton,
    we are sorry if you are experiencing any issue with multimedia files, but we have hundreds of happy developers that are using FastPdfKit to embed and play movies in their iOS application with pdf documents.

Do you need any help to solve your issue?

Regards,
    Matteo

2. 2 Posted by Anton Zhuravsky on 07 Dec, 2012 10:07 AM

Hi Matteo,

I am very glad that your customers are happy, but putting video playing over annotations with specific URLs != support embedded videos. It is a just a clutch, not a solution. Check out ezPDF app and compare to your SDK. You still think everything is OK?

That's the only point I am frustrated about.

Regards,
    Anton

07.12.2012, в 12:01, Matteo написал(а):

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Matteo on 08 Dec, 2012 08:51 AM

Hi Anton,
    we've analyzed your suggestion and managed to find the way to support even that kind of videos.
    It will take some time as the pdf document needs to be parsed and there are (like every other pdf feature) too many way to write embedded videos on a pdf document.
    We'll do our best to add this feature in the first weeks of 2013, but again, it will take time to achieve optimal results.

Best regards,
    Matteo

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac